We are happy to announce that the ReStore is open for shopping.
The ReStore is now open normal business hours.
We will still be cleaning and sanitizing and providing you with a safe shopping experience.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore originally began with the Austin, Texas Habitat for Humanity in 1992. Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a non-profit retail outlet specializing in the resale of quality new and previously owned building materials, home furnishings and appliances at 50-75% off retail prices. Today, some 500 Habitat ReStores in 47 states are raising funds to support their affiliate missions of housing people in need. Midland County Habitat for Humanity established its ReStore outlet in August of 2006.
How Does it Work?
Individuals and businesses donate merchandise and building materials to the ReStore. Habitat employees and volunteers process the donations, stock and organize the store and assist customers with questions and purchases. In return, the community receives terrific bargains at the ReStore. Profits go back in the Midland County Habitat for Humanity to help build and revitalize homes for low-income families in Midland County.
Reuse and Recycle
ReStore resale outlets provide an environmentally and socially responsible way to keep good, reusable materials out of the waste stream while providing funding for Habitat’s community improvement work. Through ReStore donations, we have diverted millions of pounds from the landfill.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Our staff is here to assist you. Come on in and meet our ReStore Manager Dan Laabs and say hello to all of our helpful ReStore staff members!
Mon, Tues, Wed, and Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday 9:00am - 3:30pm.
- Furniture & Housewares
- Building Materials
- Kitchen/Bath Countertops & Cabinets
- Tools & Garden Equipment
- Architectural Items
- Functioning HVAC & AC Items
- Autos, Boats & RV’s
- New Carpet
- Home Décor
- Books, Music, DVD’s
- Mattresses & Box Springs
- Patio Furniture
- TV's with DVD or VHS
- Flatscreen TV's
* We are currently not taking paint at this time due to the overwhelming donations we have received.
We will let you know when we will be accepting paint donations again
- Car Seats
- Dishwashers - Due to EPA Regulations
- Chemicals (solvents, flammables)
- Oil Based Products
- Textbooks, Manuals or Encyclopedias
- Opened Paint
- Used Sliding Glass Doors
- Faucets & Water Heaters - Due to EPA Regulations
- Pianos & Organs
- Single Pane Windows
- Triple Track Wood Windows
- Tube TV's & Box TV's
- Aluminum & Vinyl Blinds
- Incandescent or fluorescent light bulbs
Questions about what we accept?
If your company would like to donate a large quantity of building materials, furniture, and/or appliances to MCHFH, please email email@example.com or call 989.835.6265.
ReStore Wish List
Lawn and Garden Tools
Mowers and Trimmers
Keyed Entry Locks and Deadbolts
COVID-19 Donation Pick-Ups Protocol
The Midland County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is resuming item pick ups on February 22nd, 2021. If you have some larger items you would like to donate, but need them picked up call the ReStore at 989-835-6265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick-Up Hours: 10am, 11am, 2pm and 3pm Monday thru Wednesday
Donation Pick-Up Scheduling
- Those scheduling donation pick up will screen those donations and approve pick up.
- Donation pick up will be scheduled at either 10am, 11am, 2pm or 3pm Monday through Wednesday
- There will temporarily be a maximum of 4 pick-ups per day until further notice.
- Donors must have donations in garage or outside/curbside for pick-up.
- No ReStore staff are allowed to enter a donor’s home.
- Drivers will wear masks at all times, including while in the truck.
- The drivers will wear a mask and gloves while greeting the donor and while loading the donations.
- The drivers are not allowed to enter the donor’s home.
- The drivers will maintain social distancing at all times.
To schedule a pick up of donations call the ReStore at 989-835-6265 or email email@example.com.
Employment at the ReStore
No current positions available, please check back
Volunteering at the ReStore
The Habitat ReStore couldn’t exist without the help of volunteer staff. These volunteers are crucial to the store’s day-to-day operations. Individuals interested in volunteering at the ReStore must complete a volunteer application and must be able to make a weekly or monthly commitment.
Volunteer Roles Include
Volunteer ReStore Associate:
- Greet customers on the sales floor and assist with their needs
- Help keep display areas and aisles safe and organized
- Communicate pricing to customers and cashier; tag items with appropriate forms
- Assist in moving items to and from receiving
- Educate customers on the mission of Midland County Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore
Volunteer Donation Pick-up Assistant:
This position requires small hand tools, ability to lift 50 lbs or more, stand squat and climb in/out of the truck.
- Ride with the truck driver to assist with loading and unloading donations
- Screen products for usability and distribute donation receipts
- Communicate with ReStore staff to schedule pick-ups
Volunteer Marketing Assistant:
- Assist with set-up of eBay, Craigslist and/or other online sales accounts
- Recommend and select items to post for online sales
- Package and ship items
- Post photos of merchandise to social media accounts
If you are able to assist in other ways not shown here, let us know! We’re always looking for fresh ideas and innovative ways to involve volunteer staff.
Sign Up as a ReStore Volunteer
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday:
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Register by Phone
Call 989.835.6265, at least two weeks in advance prior to the day(s) you wish to volunteer.