If Your Roof Needs Repair, Complete the Roofing Initiative Application
To apply for the Roofing Initiative there are several options:
- Complete the online application
- Print a paper application and drop off at Home To Stay Offices during open business hours. Call (989) 496-9550 to confirm available drop off hours.
- If you are not able to print an application, stop by the Midland County Habitat For Humanity offices and pick up an application from their information box on the exterior door.
Midland County Habitat for Humanity has partnered with Home To Stay to offer the Roofing Initiative program utilizing a Community Development Block Grant offered by the City of Midland. The funding for the Roofing Initiative is secured funding through the City’s Community Development Block Grant to enable us to continue the roofing initiative in the City of Midland.
Qualifications for the grant:
- Must live in the City of Midland
- Income must be between 30 - 60% of the area median income (AMI) set by HUD, to view the AMI info click here.
- Must possess a willingness to partner
- Must own your home (no rentals or mobile homes)
The Community Development Block Grant is one of the longest-running programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This funding will bring $50,000 of Federal dollars into the city for this program. It is important to note, that because this is a grant from the City of Midland, only homeowners living within the city limits of Midland and meet the income guidelines are eligible for consideration.
For more information please complete the inquiry form or contact Katty Owens at email@example.com or 989-496-0900 x22
Area Median Income (AMI)
The Roofing Initiative program provides low to moderate income homeowners (less than 60% area median income for household size) in Midland county with assistance for repairs to their home they wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford.
|Household Size||MINIMUM Gross Annual Income||MAXIMUM Gross Annual Income|
These guidelines are derived from HUD’s 2019 housing income guidelines for Midland County median income and are subject to change.