Midland County Habitat for Humanity is seeking a Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator.
To apply please send your application packet with your cover letter, resume and references to Midland County Habitat for Humanity Attn: Jennifer Chappel, 1703 S Saginaw Road Midland, MI 48640 or submit by email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 24, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
The Midland County Habitat for Humanity Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of community based repair programs through our Neighborhood Revitalization/Repair program. Building on current relationships with community based organizations, community action groups, veterans groups and local government departments, the incumbent is responsible for the identification and prioritization of community needs and goals to stabilize neighborhoods and improve community safety and quality of life. The incumbent will plan and execute strategies to significantly strengthen existing and new relationships and stakeholder involvement. The incumbent shall carry out and accomplish through the Neighborhood Revitalization Committee initiatives and functions supporting the current MCHFH strategic plan. The Neighborhood Revitalization Coordinator should exhibit great attention to detail, demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills supporting focus neighborhoods served by Midland County Habitat for Humanity.TIME COMMITMENT: 40 hours per week/full time salary with benefits, non-exempt.REPORTS TO: Midland County Habitat for Humanity Construction Manager and President/CEO. REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in adult education, social work, psychology, sociology, related field or equivalent life experience.
- At least one year public speaking experience
- At least one year neighborhood/community outreach experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to use advanced word processing and spreadsheet software
- Knowledgeable about database management and database software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
- Reliable transportation necessary
When engaging in community development, Midland County Habitat for Humanity’s work must support the families in the local community. Common elements of Midland County Habitat for
Humanity’s Neighborhood Revitalization practices and responsibilities will include:
- Work with prospective home repair homeowners to apply for Neighborhood Revitalization/Repair programs.
- Identify resource to serve community needs.
- Build and maintain strategic alliances and strong working partnerships with community based organizations, community action groups and local government departments to create an awareness of our revitalization and repair programs.
- Expand neighborhood revitalization initiatives by working with homeowners, local government and community partners helping neighborhoods to grow and thrive.
- Work with other like-minded community groups to identify and prioritize community issues.
- Develop strategies to engage community residents in housing related issues.
- Develop a plan to build and/or strengthen relationships with and among residents and other stakeholders and sustain those relationships.
- Work with Impact Manager and Construction Manager to assess volunteer needs.
- Plan and implement events and programs supporting NR initiatives to engage residents.
- Assist in maintaining a positive, professional, safe, and harassment free work environment.
- Work with the Impact Manager to build awareness of Midland County Habitat for Humanity and its programs through speaking engagements, marketing tools, media and social media outlets.
- Work with Impact Manager to develop brochures, marketing pieces and press releases related to MCHFH Neighborhood Revitalization programs, grant awards, good news and community engagement.
- Work with Impact Manager to develop and publish content for Habitat’s website and The newsletter is to be published a minimum of once a month.
- Work with Construction Manager and Neighborhood Revitalization Committee to carry out and implement Neighborhood Revitalization programs and activities.
- Work with Construction Manager to identify and serve Neighborhood Revitalization homeowners.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed by President/CEO and or the Construction Manager.
NOTE: This position description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Midland County Habitat for Humanity is an equal
To apply, please submit an application packet with cover letter, resume and references included to Midland County Habitat for Humanity Attn: Jennifer Chappel, 1703 S Saginaw Road Midland, MI 48640 or submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, January 24, 2020 at 4:00 pm.