Position: Sales Associate/Driver
Description: The Sales Associate/Driver at Midland County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is primarily responsible for handling customer donations, including loading/unloading vehicles and customer service. This is a part-time position, non-exempt.
Reports to: The store manager, assistant/manager and/or shift supervisor.
Duties in this job include:
- Employee must be 18 years or older, have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50lbs unaided, assist with loading and unloading of merchandise
- Provide excellent customer service through verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate understanding of the Habitat mission through daily work
- Clean and organize merchandise in the store and stockroom
- Have complete knowledge of store policies and adhere to all store policies as found in the ReStore manual, including proper lifting and understanding of the safety plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of pricing structure of store product
- Complete knowledge of product in the store, including available product, location, storage and placement of items on shelves.
- Knowledge of donation area including items the ReStore does not accept, ability to sort donated items, review and check items for proper parts, safety and in working condition, and complete an accurate donation slip for the customer of items donated.
- Working knowledge of the store as it pertains to assisting customers
Additional requirements for Drivers
- Adherence to rules of the road at all times
- Ability to drive 20 foot cargo truck, including knowledge of basic maintenance of the vehicle such as lights, oil, etc.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work directly in a customer’s home demonstrating proper respect for the customer and their property at all times
- Accurately record items donated
- Accurately record daily/weekly maintenance checks on vehicles
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your resume during ReStore normal business hours.