Gifts of Real Estate
Gifts of real estate can have significant impact on families in need of safe and affordable shelter and can help supporters like you avoid the hassle of selling property and realize valuable tax benefits.
Habitat understands how important real estate can be to a family and its history. One way to honor that significance is to use your property to create a legacy for future generations. Your gift of real estate to Habitat for Humanity empowers families who are working to realize their dream of homeownership.
Consider These Questions:
- Do you want to make a transformational gift that can change the lives of several families and help them live in decent housing?
- Do you own a property that has become difficult to manage or that your children will not want or need?
- Are you interested in avoiding capital gains tax on appreciated property?
- Are you eager to dispose of a property but are wary of the process?
- Could you use an income tax deduction now but have your property go to Habitat later?
If you answer “yes” to any of the above questions, a gift of real estate to Habitat might be the best option for you.
Many different types of property can qualify for a charitable gift of real estate to Habitat for Humanity.
The most common are:
- Primary residences
- Farms and ranches
- Vacation homes
- Undeveloped land, including land with timber
- Commercial property
- Industrial property
- Retail property
Download the information flyer to take to your financial or legal advisor to donate land to Midland Habitat. Download flyer here - - > Donate Land Info Sheet
This information is not intended as legal, accounting or other professional advice.
For assistance in charitable planning, consult an attorney for legal advice or obtain the services of another qualified professional.